Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Web Soil Survey

Today I had the chance to try out the Web Soil Survey. I do not have much knowledge on soil in general, so I was ready to get started and see what I could learn.

The tools were easy enough to navigate and I didn't have any problems locating an AOI. It gets a bit more complicated after finding your area of interest - perhaps not for a professional who knows more about soil types. Exploring all of the different tabs really shows you how useful this tool can be. From different slopes to the different agriculture you can grow from your selected area.

Overall I think that this can be a great website to acquire all types of data for selected areas of land. Although to use this tool I believe you need some background in soil data to fully understand the depth of this program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment